For FREE Expert Advice Call Any NCC Office and Our Specialists will be Pleased to Help:
Scotland: 01506 657996
Newcastle: 0191 419 2530
Chorley: 01257 266696
Bund Lining Contractors
Bund Lining is undoubtedly a specialist task, particularly for the more demanding locations and critical structures that are also likely to require the most advanced products that require manufacturer training and specialist equipment. Therefore to ensure the successful completion of your project, we will only ever recommend experienced specialist Bund and Secondary Containment area protective coatings and linings contractors, and then only one who is fully experienced in your specific industry and the Bund Lining system that is to be applied on your project.
This is because, as outlined in more detail on our Bund Lining Materials
Page and elsewhere on this website, there can be many completely different characteristics, not only in their performance and suitability for purpose, but also in the, preparation, mixing and application techniques, cure times and necessary on-site quality control procedures between the different types of Bund Lining materials and even between different specific Bund Lining systems and products of the same type.
Why Use a Specialist Contractor for Bund Lining?
Simply because there are many substantial differences between the different types and build-ups of bund lining systems for differentproject requirements, environments and exposure conditions. Therefore if you would like help and assistance with finding a suitable specialist contractor for your specific project requirements, please call any of our offices and one of our bund lining specialists will be pleased to advise and assist you in With the help of our experts we can help you find the right specialist contractor for your project and together we can make sure that they fully understand the:
• Concrete, masonry or steel substrates and the surface preparation required, including for example the depth or roughness of profile required in order to avoid pinholes in the lining through to the substrate allowing contamination or corrosion.
• Permissible concrete moisture content, measurement, control and the necessary bund lining system build-up’s vapour diffusion or control capabilities in order to prevent bubbling and blistering.
• Bund lining materials VOC content , in order to determine any relevant Health & Safety Restrictions, or risks to others.
• Specific methods of resin product mixing and application required, plus the required inter-coat waiting times to prevent intercoat delamnation or contamination.
• Application and hardening times and limitations at different temperatures because all Bund Lining materials are temoperature sensitive to some degree and also thermoplastic to some degree.
• Final curing / hardening times , which are critical for obtaining the required mechanical and chemical resistance before going into or back into service with foot and/or vehicular traffic, and / or chemical exposure.
• Long term durability to define the potential useful service life of the Bund Lining system installed and to schedule appropriate inspections and maintenance as required.
If any of these important requirements are not fully understood and correctly observed by the Bund Lining Contractor, the Facilities Owner, and their Professional Advisors - then as the old saying goes - ’Buyer Beware’.
From NCC Bund Lining Site’s nationwide customer list, we work continually with many different specialist contractors, who between them work with all of the different resin systems on the market. These specialist Bund Lining contractors include companies of all different sizes and areas of expertise.
Most Bund Lining contractors tend to work regionally or nationally according to their size, contract commitments and capabilities together with their level of expertise and experience in the different types of bund lining systems and their installation. Therefore we can nearly always provide you with the details of at least one or more experienced Bund Lining contractors. These will be able to provide you a free quotation for your Bund Lining project, in line with one of our detailed specifications and method statements – Which we will also provide ‘FOC’ and with no obligation.
Professional Bund Lining contractors will provide you with a copy of their own specific project and client reference portfolio. We strongly advise that you should always check several of these if possible, and wherever possible visit, at least one of their previously completed Bund Lining installations that is as similar as possible to your own requirements. Apart from anything else - You will undoubtedly learn a lot and gain additional information and advice that will be to your advantage and financial benefit when making the selection of the most suitable Bund Lining contractor and system for the bund linings in your facilities. It will very often not be the cheapest proposal and quote that is the ‘Most Cost Effective’ in the long term – so please evaluate fully and choose wisely.
For advice on finding and selecting the right specialist Bund Lining contractor for your project - please call any of our offices and one of our Bund Lining specialists will be pleased to assist you.